Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fitbit Flex Review


Decided to write a quick review on my Fitbit flex. My little one is sleeping so I know I only have 30 minutes (she’s not really into naps, which makes it hard to get anything done, ugh)…and GO. I really like this product so that is why I am sharing this review with all of you! I did not receive compensation for writing this review. First off, I bought my fitbit last Christmas as a present to myself. Bought it here . I had been using the step tracker on my phone and found that pretty motivating so decided to shell out the extra cash and take it up a notch. Now if you are familiar with the fitbit lineup there are a few different models. I decided to get the flex for a few reasons, a) I wear a watch for work everyday so I didn’t need the fancier model that has the time display b) I wanted one to wear on my wrist and not clip on my clothes and c) It was in my price range as I decided I wanted to spend $80-$100. I chose the fitbit over other brands because they seemed to have the best reviews out of others that I read comparing multiple brands. This product is excellent for those people who live a fairly sedentary lifestyle but are looking for simple ways to add some more activity in their lives (e.g. office workers). It is great for all other populations as well as it brings awareness as to how much or how little you are moving everyday! I really like the fitbit app, it is easy to use, easy to view, and I have never had any problems with my fitbit syncing with my iPhone over Bluetooth. Lately I have been using it in conjunction with MyFitnessPal app (which I will also write a review on one day) and this has been interesting because it actually ‘lets you’ eat the calories that you walked off throughout the day! I am still not entirely sure how this is calculated because it seems to change throughout the day, but I trust their science on that one. What this means is if I was tracking calories and I was nearly at my daily goal and hadn’t ate dinner yet I knew I had to get moving somehow if I wanted to stay within that limit. Personally, I’m not a calorie counting kind of person, but this strategy works for a lot of people. It is small, easy to clean, comes in cool colors (which I REALLY need to get some new bands for mine because when I bought it I think it only came in blue or black and now they have fancy pink and turquoise ones!). I like that it gives me an alert when I am within 2000 steps of my goal, usually this motivates me to do some extra cleaning around the house or take the dog out for a walk. Also it has a wicked battery life, I think I charge it about once a week and mine is a year old!
Some negatives include, a) not sure how accurate it is at times, for example, when I burp the baby because I am moving my hand back and forth it counts that as steps. b) The band isn’t the greatest at staying fastened, it has fallen off at times at the grocery store or the gym when I go to pick something up, but there are probably better clasps to put on the band but I just haven’t looked into that yet. Anyways, it would suck if it fell off and I didn’t notice. So bottom line…whether you are a nurse who is on their feet all day, an office worker who needs to increase their daily step count or a stay at home mom like me who can do 10,000 steps without leaving the house get this device! Anything that will help develop accountability is awesome, and by even increasing your step count by 2000 steps a day (which is easy as pie) you will burn an extra 60-100 calories. It might not seem like much but every little bit counts!
FOR MORE BLOG POSTS GO TO HTTP://FITMAMASB.COM/BLOG 

No comments:

Post a Comment